Diwali is celebrated by people with great zeal and enthusiasm. Different types of special dishes and sweets are made at home. Sweets are exchanged among love ones. Here we are going to provide you some Diwali special recipes.
How to Make Besan Laddoo
- 2 cups besan / gram flour
- 350 gram sugar
- 4-5 green cardamoms
- 1/2 cup Desi ghee
- 60 gram finely chopped cashew nuts
- Handful of raisins
Method to make laddu
- Grind the sugar with cardamoms and make the powder
- Heat the Desi ghee and fry all the nuts.
- Set aside 3 tablespoon ghee and cashew nuts.
- Add besan and stir properly.
- Roast the besan in pan till it gets turned dark golden in color.
- Switch of the stove and allow the mixture cool down at room temperature.
- Add powdered sugar and nuts. Stir well.
- Make small or medium sized balls to get the laddu.
- Store besan Laddoos in air tight containers.
How to Make Gulab Jamun
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon maida
- 1 teaspoon Desi ghee for greasing
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon curd / yoghurt or butter
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pistachios
- Desi ghee for deep frying
Ingredients for syrup:?
- 350 gram to 400 gram sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Few drops of rose water
Method to make Gulab Jamun
- Take water, sugar and crushed cardamoms and mix together properly.
- Boil the syrup until it turns slightly sticky, and make sure it goes to 1 string consistency.
- Add 2 tablespoon of water and mix properly.
- Add rose water and stir well.
- Set aside the prepared syrup to keep it hot.
- Take maida, milk powder and baking soda in a big bowl and mix together properly.
- Add Desi ghee and mix well. Then add yoghurt or butter and milk. Mix together.
- Make sure your dough is prepared. It must hold the shape well.
- Make 15 equal sized balls from the prepared dough.
- Put the frying pan on the stove at medium fire. Heat the ghee and add balls.
- Deep fry the balls until gets it golden in color.
- Add the balls to the hot syrup. Allow them to rest for 3 hours before you serve.
- Garnish the Gulab Jamun with finely chopped pistachios.